Help us develop a $5-8 million investment plan for David Douglas District students.
Earlier this year, the state of Oregon adopted the Student Success Act (HB 3427). This law will provide historic levels of new funding to Oregon schools. The David Douglas School District has not been informed on the exact new funding to expect, but we estimate it could be between $5 million and $8 million per year beginning with the 2020-21 school year.
We need your help to determine how to invest this money in a way that best supports our students. By law, Student Success Act money can be spent in four broad categories: reducing class size, providing a well-rounded education, increasing instructional time, and better meeting student health and safety needs.
We are asking all families, students, staff and interested community members to take this survey. We are also asking you to join us at three upcoming listening sessions – Your Voice Matters: Student Success Act Community Input. These listening sessions will give you the opportunity to tell us in person how you think these funds should be used.
Your Voice Matters Listening Sessions
- 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 24, at Ron Russell Middle School, 3955 SE 112th Ave. Snacks and childcare will be provided. Interpreters available upon request (call 503-261-8201 to schedule).
- 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8, at Floyd Light Middle School, 10800 SE Washington St.
- 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, in the Board Room at David Douglas High School, 1500 SE 130th Avenue. This will be a joint session with the David Douglas School Board.
We are holding a listening session specifically for parents/guardians of students who have a disability:
- 1-2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15th in the Board Room at David Douglas High School, 1500 SE 130th Avenue.
We have also scheduled four listening sessions for culturally specific communities:
- A listening session for our Spanish-speaking families will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, Oct. 8, in the Board Room located at the South High School Building, 1500 SE 130th Avenue. View Spanish Flyer
- A listening session for our families originating from Southeast Asia will be held from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 9, also in the Board Room. View Burmese | View Chinese| View Karen | View Nepali | View Vietnamese
- A listening session for our Somali-speaking families will be held from 1-2:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 9, also in the Board Room. View Somali Flyer
- A listening session for our Russian-speaking families will be held from 1-2:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 14, in Conference Room 221 of District Office, 11300 NE Halsey. View Russian Flyer
Meanwhile, please spend 15 minutes to take this survey. Share with us what student success looks like to you. What is going well in our schools? Where are our biggest challenges? How can the David Douglas School District get better?
Choose one of the links below to take our survey:
Once you’ve taken this survey, please join us at a listening session. Your Voice Matters!