This year, our Equity Department will be conducting Town Hall interviews with each of our David Douglas principals in alignment with our DDSD Equity Plan.
These interviews provide a platform for our principals to take a stance on equity and share their position in detail. Additionally, they have the opportunity to expand on their current and future school building equity goals.
In addition, our District Strategic Plan focus area 1 is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Read our District Strategic Plan to review our action steps and dedication to equity in our district:
During the 2020-21 school year, while enduring a global pandemic, the members of our Racial Equity Committee persevered to meet the mission set forth on behalf of the students, families, and community of the David Douglas School District.
Based on the collective input and feedback from various stakeholders, the presented David Douglas Racial Equity Plan was built on the following commitments.
Our Equity Plan Commitments:
- Commitment One – Student Achievement
- Commitment Two – Student Discipline
- Commitment Three – Systems Accountability
- Commitment Four – Workplace Policies
To read more in-depth about these commitments, view our entire Equity Plan here.
Our building principals have taken this opportunity to speak to their individual thoughts around their commitment to equity. Follow the links below to watch their interviews and stay tuned for more of these conversations to come throughout the year.
Town Hall Interviews
- Sarah Altig – Special Education Program Administrator South Powellhurst
- Holly Wilkes and LP Equity Team – Lincoln park Elementary School
- Amy Straw – Fir Ridge Campus
- Heather Craig – Mill Park Elementary School
- Matt Soule – Cherry Park Elementary School
- Kellie Burkhardt – Menlo Park Elementary School
- Shannon Deems – Gilbert Heights Elementary School
- Holly Schauer – Ventura Park Elementary School
- Susan Olds – West Powellhurst Elementary School
- Ericka Guynes – Earl Boyles Elementary School
- Duane Larson – Alice Ott Middle School
- Greg Carradine – David Douglas High School
- Michael Contreras – Ron Russell Middle School
- Doug Pease – Floyd Light Middle School