WINTER SWIM LESSONS
Monday, December 12th @ 5:00 pm
in person at the Aquatic Center
Unfortunately, we cannot register or take payment over the phone
8 swimmers per level
LEVELS: 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
SESSION 1: JANUARY 9th – 30th
SESSION 2: FEBRUARY 1st – 22nd
SESSION 3: FEB. 27th – MARCH 15th
Monday & Wednesday Evenings – 7:40 – 8:20 pm
- LEVEL 1: INTRODUCTION TO WATER SKILLS – This class helps students feel comfortable in the water. Activities include entering and exiting the water, blowing bubbles, kicking, floating and self rescue skills.
- LEVEL 2: FUNDAMENTAL AQUATIC SKILLS- Children continue to learn basic water skills and begin arm strokes on stomach and back. Safety skills are expanded. To enter the class, a child must be able to float or glide.
- LEVEL 3: STROKE DEVELOPMENT – Emphasis in this class is placed on front crawl stroke with side breathing and back crawl. Diving, treading water and self rescue skills are introduced.
- LEVEL 4: STROKE IMPROVEMENT – Front and back crawl are reviewed at this level. Emphasis in this class is placed on elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly.
- LEVEL 5: STROKE REFINEMENT – Continued refinement of front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly. Surface dives and turning are introduced.
ADULT LAP SWIM:
6:00 – 7:00 AM Monday thru Friday
$6.00 drop-in fee
Punch card and passes are available for purchase.
13030 SE Taylor Court
Portland, OR 97233
- Mon – Fri 6:00am – 2:00pm
- Closed Saturday and Sunday