RECREATIONAL SWIM SATURDAYS
Join us for recreational swim from 1:35-3:30pm on Saturdays. Cost is $5 per student and $6 per adult.
- September 16, 23 & 30
- October 7 & 21
FALL SWIM LESSONS
$60 PER GROUP SESSION
- Must be years old
- Space offered to In-District families first
- Out-of District will be able to register on August 21st if space is still available
- Phone in reservations for In-District only start at 7:00 am on Monday, August 14, 2023
- You can only register for 2 of any group sessions
- Please be ready to leave a message if phone lines are busy with your name, phone number, your students name, swim level, age, name of school they attend and your preferred swim lesson date and time option from below.
- During the phone in reservation, we will give you a day and time to come to the Aquatic Center to finish the registration process and pay.
- LEVELS: 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 (please see level descriptions below)
Mon/Wed Evenings Group Lessons:
- SESSION 1: SEPT. 11th – 27th
- SESSION 2: OCT. 2nd – 18th
- SESSION 3: OCT. 23rd – NOV. 8th
- SESSION 4: NOV. 13th – 29th
Saturday Private Lessons:
12:00-12:30 PM and 12:35-1:05 PM
SEPT. 16, SEPT. 23, SEPT. 30, OCT. 7, OCT. 21, NOV. 4, NOV. 25, DEC. 2, DEC. 9, DEC. 16
$30 per private lesson
Saturday Morning Group Lessons:
9:30-10:00 AM, 10:05-10:35 AM,
10:40-11:10 AM and 11:15-11:45 AM
- SESSION 1: SEPT. 16, 23, 30, OCT. 7, 21
- SESSION 2: NOV. 4, 25, DEC. 2, 9, 16
- LEVEL 1: INTRODUCTION TO WATER SKILLS – This class helps students feel comfortable in the water. Activities include entering and exiting the water, blowing bubbles, kicking, floating and self rescue skills.
- LEVEL 2: FUNDAMENTAL AQUATIC SKILLS- Children continue to learn basic water skills and begin arm strokes on stomach and back. Safety skills are expanded. To enter the class, a child must be able to float or glide.
- LEVEL 3: STROKE DEVELOPMENT – Emphasis in this class is placed on front crawl stroke with side breathing and back crawl. Diving, treading water and self rescue skills are introduced.
- LEVEL 4: STROKE IMPROVEMENT – Front and back crawl are reviewed at this level. Emphasis in this class is placed on elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly.
- LEVEL 5: STROKE REFINEMENT – Continued refinement of front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly. Surface dives and turning are introduced.
ADULT LAP SWIM
- 6:00 – 7:00 AM Monday thru Friday
- $6.00 drop-in fee
- Punch card and passes are available for purchase
David Douglas Aquatics Center
13030 SE Taylor Court
Portland, OR 97233
- Mon – Fri 6:00am – 2:00pm
- Closed Saturday and Sunday