The David Douglas School District will consider for distribution in our schools informational flyers, posters, brochures and other informational material based on the following criteria:
- Flyers must be from community-based, non-profit organizations.
- No commercial advertising of any kind will be accepted.
- Flyers must offer educational or extra-curricular learning opportunities for students, staff or parents.
- Submitted flyers must be in their final form. No drafts.
Sports related flyers should be directed to the Community Sports Coordinator, Jennifer Buscher, three weeks in advance. Contact Jennifer at email@example.com
How to Submit a Flyer Distribution Request
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Organization’s name and the contact information (phone and email) of someone we can contact in case of questions.
- Specifically who the flyer targets, i.e. students, parents or staff; grade levels; or specific schools.
- Which Schools you want to distribute flyers to (e.g. all elementary schools)
- Your timeline – when flyers will be ready for drop off and when you’re hoping they’ll be given to families by.
- The Special Projects Office will notify you whether or not your flyer has been approved.
If your flyer is approved:
- The Special Projects Office will notify the schools where you wish to distribute that your flyer is approved.
- Before delivering the flyers you are responsible for dividing and labeling them by school. Please divide each school’s allotment in bundles of 30, for easy classroom distribution. While school secretaries can provide information about the number of students per class, it is not necessarily the job of the school secretary to hand count and distribute your flyers. Current enrollment numbers for each DDSD school.
- You may take your approved flyers to each school office or drop them all off at the District Office (11300 NE Halsey) for distribution to each building.
Note: The David Douglas School District reserves the right to decline any flyer for distribution. Approving a flyer does not indicate that the District sponsors or endorses the activities or information in the flyer. For more information, contact Special Projects at 503-261-8204.