Family resources during the Covid-19 closure
Grab & Go Meals For Students
DDSD Grab & Go breakfast and lunch sites
9:00 – 11:00 AM – Monday-Friday through August 28th
• Gilbert Heights Elementary • Ventura Park Elementary School
• Ron Russell Middle School • David Douglas High School
What are Grab & Go Meals?
- Premade meals for students
- They are prepared by the David Douglas School District kitchen staff
- These bags contain both breakfast and lunch
- Families can pick up their student’s meals at any of these locations:
- Gilbert Heights Elementary School: 12839 SE Holgate Blvd, Portland, OR 97236
- Ventura Park Elementary School: 145 SE 117th Ave, Portland, OR 97216
- Ron Russell Middle School: 3955 SE 112th Ave, Portland, OR 97266
- David Douglas High School (SOUTH CAMPUS): 1500 SE 130th Ave, Portland, OR 97233
- You can walk or drive to any of these locations
- Meals are available for picked up between 9:00 – 11:00 AM M-F
- Grab and Go Meals are the safest way to provide food for our students during the COVID19 pandemic
Oregon Food Bank Statewide Food Finder
Visit this website to enter your zip code to locate free groceries, meals, produce, and other programs in your area.
Food Pantries Located at DDSD Buildings
1930 SE 104th
|3:45 – 5:30 pm||10:30 – 11:30 am|
|David Douglas HS (South Building – Football stadium lot||5:00 – 6:30 pm|
13132 SE Ramona
|2:00 – 4:00 pm|
1900 SE 117th Ave
|11:30 – 1:30 pm|
All above food pantries except for the Wednesday Cherry Park location, will be closed the week of June 29-July 2. The Cherry Park pantry will be open 10:30-11:30 on Wednesday, July 1st.
What is a School Food Pantry?
- A food pantry is a location where families can get FREE groceries, NOT grab and go meals
- Most of the school food pantries available in our district are NOT “pick and choose” groceries. They are prepackaged bags filled with available groceries.
- Available groceries subject to change weekly
- Families can walk or drive to any of the school food pantries available
- Due to increased need, there is a possibility that the food pantries might run out of food before the end of the food distribution time. HOWEVER, families can visit any food pantry available within our district or outside the district
- For a list of food pantries and other programs available, you can visit Oregon Food Bank
- Food pantries are coordinated through community partner agencies, Oregon Food Bank and Urban Gleaners. David Douglas only serves as a distribution location
Multnomah County Food Locations
Are you eligible for the SNAP program? Does your student qualify for free or reduced price school meals? Or have you become eligible for these programs due to loss of income from the COVID-19 pandemic?
If so, you will be compensated for the cost of meals your student missed at school during March, April, May and June. If you were already signed up for SNAP or for free and reduced school meals, you will receive this compensation automatically.
If you became eligible during the pandemic, please fill out an application for free or reduced meals to receive this compensation.
Ways to apply:
- Online Application
- Pick up an application at one of our school meal sites from 9-11 a.m. daily at Ventura Park, Gilbert Heights, David Douglas High School South Building or Ron Russell Middle School.
- Visit the DDSD Nutrition Services webpage to print a paper copy
Please see the attached flyer for more information.
Meals Compensation Flyer – Chinese
Meals Compensation Flyer – English
Meals Compensation Flyer – Russian
Meals Compensation Flyer – Somali
Meals Compensation Flyer – Spanish
Meals Compensation Flyer – Vietnamese
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels delivers to children who are on free and reduced lunch. Visit the Meals on Wheels site for more details
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Everything is normal with SNAP and benefits will continue to be available on their regular schedule. Applicants not need visit the Department of Human Services office to apply. Call or email the DHS office to access an application or apply online. View more SNAP details here.