SUN stands for Schools Uniting Neighborhoods. The purpose of SUN Community Schools is to retain and support students by using the school as a community center and service delivery site before and after school, evenings, on weekends and during the summer. The SUN CS Lead Agency is the non-school entity that works with the principal and other school leadership at a given SUN CS school site to develop a collaborative partnership and deliver SUN CS services.
Champions has a great solution for busy working families, before and after school enrichment programs right inside your school! A variety of group and individual activities are designed to keep your child exploring and growing. From art, dramatic play, music, motor skills, and problem-solving, to science, technology, language, math, and homework assistance, we help your child continue learning and developing essential life skills – whether school is in session or not. Champions is proud to be awarded corporation accreditation from AdvancED, a global leader in advancing excellence in education through accreditation.
- Before & after school programs beginning before school at 6:30 am, and after school until 6:00 pm on school days
- All day sessions on non-school days
- Winter Break, Spring Break, and summer camp programs are open to all families – even those who don’t attend Champions during the week.
- Champions is State Licensed and accepts DHS subsidy
- Cherry Park Elementary
- Gilbert Park Elementary
- Gilbert Heights Elementary
- Menlo Park Elementary
- Ventura Park Elementary
Visit the Champions website to register online.
For assistance, to enroll or to learn more about Champions call Customer Care at 1-800-246-2154