All elementary and middle schools in the David Douglas School District are designated schoolwide Title I schools. This means that federal Title I funds are used to improve instructional programs for students. The schoolwide approach is based on a system of support for serving all students. Using assessment scores and classroom data, students are identified as needing extra support in reading and/or math.
In addition to schoolwide Title I services for students, all elementary and middle schools will provide parents with opportunities to review and give input toward School Improvement Plans, policies, and school-parent-student compacts.
Communication with families will address the following Title I components:
- Providing rigorous, effective instruction in all content by highly qualified teachers and staff;
- Offering high-quality, ongoing professional learning opportunities for staff;
- Creating strategies to increase parental involvement as well as including parent feedback and input into all policies and improvement plans;
- Implementing district systems to ensure that students who experience difficulty attaining proficiency receive effective, timely, additional assistance; and
- Ensuring that plans are reviewed on an on-going basis and revised when necessary.
We look forward to working with all parents, guardians, and family members to create the most effective school experience for all students in the David Douglas community. If you have any questions about the Title I program at your school, please contact your principal.
Oregon Department of Education’s Family Engagement Resources