Annual Parent Notice
Schoolwide Title I Information
Dear Parent or Guardian,
David Douglas School District No 40 Annual Parent Notice Schoolwide Title I Information
All middle schools in the David Douglas School District are designated schoolwide Title I schools. Title I-A is the United States Government’s largest education assistance program for schools. Title I funds are used to provide additional support to children striving to meet goals in reading and math. The schoolwide approach is based on a system of support for serving all students. Using assessment scores and classroom data, students are identified as needing extra support in reading and/or math.
In addition to schoolwide Title I services for students, all middle schools will provide families with opportunities to review and give input toward School Improvement Plans, policies, and school-parent-student compacts.
Communication with families will address the following Title I components:
- Providing rigorous, effective instruction in all content by highly qualified teachers and staff;
- Offering high-quality, ongoing professional learning opportunities for staff;
- Creating strategies to increase family involvement as well as including feedback and input into all policies and improvement plans;
- Implementing district systems to ensure that students who experience difficulty attaining proficiency receive effective, timely, additional assistance; and
- Ensuring that plans are reviewed on an on-going basis and revised when necessary. Parents have the right to request their child’s performance levels on statewide assessments. Please contact your child’s homeroom/advisory teacher or building principal for this information. Parents also have the right to request information regarding their child’s teacher’s qualifications. If you have questions or concerns about this or our District Policy and Programs, please feel free to contact your building principal and/or:
Elise Hall, Title I/ELA Administrator 503-261-8219
Brooke O’Neill, Director of Curriculum and Instruction 503-261-8228
Andrew Long, Director of Education 503 261-8201
Ken Richardson, Superintendent 503-261-8201 It is the district’s highest priority to provide each student with the necessary skills to be successful throughout their school experience, as well as prepared to enter college or begin a career upon graduation. We are committed to high expectations for students and staff in order to meet these goals. We look forward to working with all parents, guardians, and family members to create the most effective school experience for all students in the David Douglas community.