RULES GOVERNING PUPILS RIDING SCHOOL BUSES OAR 581-53-010
1. Pupils being transported are under authority of the bus driver.
2. Fighting, wrestling, or boisterous activity is prohibited on the bus.
3. Pupils shall use the emergency door only in case of emergency.
4. Pupils shall be on time for the bus both morning and evening.
5. Pupils shall not bring animals, except approved assistance guide animals, firearms, weapons, or other potentially hazardous materials on the bus.
6. Pupils shall remain seated while the bus is in motion.
7. Pupils may be assigned seats by the bus driver.
8. When necessary to cross the road, pupils shall cross in front of the bus or as instructed by the bus driver.
9. Pupils shall not extend their hands, arms, or heads through bus windows.
10. Pupils shall have written permission to leave the bus other than at home or school.
11. Pupils shall converse in normal tones; loud or vulgar language is prohibited.
12. Pupils shall not open or close windows without permission of the bus driver.
13. Pupils shall keep the bus clean and refrain from damaging it.
14. Pupils shall be courteous to the driver, to fellow pupils, and passersby.
15. Pupils who refuse to obey promptly the directions of the driver or refuse to obey regulations may forfeit their privilege to ride on the buses.
16. Rules Governing Pupils Riding School Buses must be kept posted in a conspicuous place in all school buses.