COVID-19 Family Resources
City of Portland Water Discount Program
Customers responsible for paying a Portland Water Bureau residential sewer/stormwater/water bill, and whose household income is less than 60% of the Portland Median Family Income (MFI), may be eligible for a discount on their bill. Eligible customers experiencing a crisis may also receive up to $500 in assistance once every 12 months.
Protecting Immigrant Families
Immigrant Eligibility for Public Programs During COVID-19
See some of federal public programs available to support individuals and families during the COVID-19 crisis under existing law, as well as the recently passed Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. View Protecting Immigrant Families website
Resources for Grandparents
The Family Caregiver Support Program serves grandparents and other non-parent relatives, age 55 and older by linking them to:
- Programs which may provide financial assistance
- Educational opportunities
- Grandparent support groups
- After-school activities for their children
OHSI Covid-19 Mortgage Relief Program Mortgage Payment Assistance Benefit
Oregon Homeownership Stabilization Initiative
- The COVID-19 Mortgage Relief program helps Oregon homeowners who are struggling to make their mortgage payments. For eligible applicants currently receiving unemployment benefits, it will bring their mortgage current and make up to six monthly payments directly to their mortgage servicer. For those who have returned to work, but are behind on their mortgage, it will bring their account current.
- Homeowners who have suffered a financial hardship and are struggling to keep up with their mortgage should visit https://www.oregonhomeownerhelp.org.
- Funding is limited and applications will only be accepted through 3/14/2021.