Family resources during the Covid-19 closure
Grab & Go Meals for Students
What are Grab & Go Meals?
- Free premade meals for ages 18 and younger (through June 2021)
- These sacks contain both breakfast and lunch
- Starting November 2nd, dinner will be added to the sacks
- Meals prepared by the David Douglas School District kitchen staff
- You can walk or drive to any of these locations
- Grab and Go Meals are the safest way to provide food for our students during the COVID19 pandemic closures, and online learning.
Pick Up Times and Locations
Meals are available for pick up Monday – Friday during the following two options:
- Bus Stop sites: 11:50 AM – 12:50 PM (buses parked at each location)
- School sites: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (front entrances)
We are still serving weekdays, except for upcoming holidays: November 11, 26 & 27.
Oregon Food Bank Statewide Food Finder
Visit this website to enter your zip code to locate free groceries, meals, produce, and other programs in your area.
Food Pantries Located at DDSD Buildings
1930 SE 104th Ave
|3:45 – 5:30 pm||2:30 – 3:30 pm|
|David Douglas HS South Building 1500 SE 130th Ave||3:00 – 5:00 pm|
10822 SE Bush St
2:00 – 4:00 pm
10800 SE Washington St
4:00 – 6 pm
13132 SE Ramona St.
|2:00 – 4:00 pm|
12839 SE Holgate Blvd
2:30 – 3:30 pm
1900 SE 117th Ave
|11:30 – 1:30 pm|
What is a School Food Pantry?
- A food pantry is a location where families can get FREE groceries, NOT grab and go meals
- Most of the school food pantries available in our district are NOT “pick and choose” groceries. They are prepackaged bags filled with available groceries.
- Available groceries subject to change weekly
- Families can walk or drive to any of the school food pantries available
- Due to increased need, there is a possibility that the food pantries might run out of food before the end of the food distribution time. HOWEVER, families can visit any food pantry available within our district or outside the district
- For a list of food pantries and other programs available, you can visit Oregon Food Bank
- Food pantries are coordinated through community partner agencies, Oregon Food Bank and Urban Gleaners. David Douglas only serves as a distribution location
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels delivers to children who are on free and reduced lunch. Visit the Meals on Wheels site for more details
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Everything is normal with SNAP and benefits will continue to be available on their regular schedule. Applicants not need visit the Department of Human Services office to apply. Call or email the DHS office to access an application or apply online. View more SNAP details here.