Family resources during the Covid-19 closure
Grab & Go Meals for Students
What are Grab & Go Meals?
- Free premade meals for ages 1–18 (through June 2021)
- These sacks contain breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Meals prepared by the David Douglas School District kitchen staff
- You can walk or drive to any of these locations
- Grab and Go Meals are the safest way to provide food for our students during the COVID19 pandemic closures, and online learning
Pick Up Times and Locations
Meals are available for pick up Monday – Friday, during the following two options:
- Bus Stop sites: 11:50 AM – 12:50 PM (buses parked at each location)
- School sites: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (front entrances)
We are still serving weekdays, except for upcoming holidays:
Oregon Food Bank Statewide Food Finder
Visit this website to enter your zip code to locate free groceries, meals, produce, and other programs in your area.
Food Pantries Located at DDSD Buildings
Pantries are closed Monday, January 18
Regular Schedule for Food Pantries
1930 SE 104th Ave
|3:45 – 5:15 pm||2:15 – 3:15 pm|
|David Douglas HS South Building 1500 SE 130th Ave||3:00 – 5:00 pm|
10822 SE Bush St
2:00 – 4:00 pm
10800 SE Washington St
|4:00 – 6:00 pm|
13132 SE Ramona St.
|2:00 – 4:00 pm|
12839 SE Holgate Blvd
2:30 – 3:30 pm
12900 NE Glisan St
2:00 – 4:00 pm
1900 SE 117th Ave
|11:30 – 1:30 pm|
What is a School Food Pantry?
- A food pantry is a location where families can get FREE groceries, NOT grab and go meals
- Most of the school food pantries available in our district are NOT “pick and choose” groceries. They are prepackaged bags filled with available groceries.
- Available groceries subject to change weekly
- Families can walk or drive to any of the school food pantries available
- Due to increased need, there is a possibility that the food pantries might run out of food before the end of the food distribution time. HOWEVER, families can visit any food pantry available within our district or outside the district
- For a list of food pantries and other programs available, you can visit Oregon Food Bank
- Food pantries are coordinated through community partner agencies, Oregon Food Bank and Urban Gleaners. David Douglas only serves as a distribution location
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels delivers to children who are on free and reduced lunch. Visit the Meals on Wheels site for more details
Free food in fridges and pantries across Portland – Take what you need, leave what you don’t, give what you can
The Sunshine Divisions runs a food pantry, distributes emergency food boxes and operates a clothing room. Visit the Sunshine Division website for more details. Food boxes can be requested through their site.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Everything is normal with SNAP and benefits will continue to be available on their regular schedule. Applicants not need visit the Department of Human Services office to apply. Call or email the DHS office to access an application or apply online. View more SNAP details here.