Family resources during the Covid-19 closure
Grab & Go Meals for Students
What are Grab & Go Meals?
- FREE premade meals for ages 1–18
- These sacks contain breakfast & lunch
- Meals prepared by the David Douglas School District kitchen staff
- Summer meals available Friday, June 18 – September 3
Pick Up Times and Locations
June 18 – September 3, 10:00 – 11:00 am (at four designated schools)
Please visit our Meal Service page for more information.
Oregon Food Bank Statewide Food Finder
Visit this website to enter your zip code to locate free groceries, meals, produce, and other programs in your area.
Food Pantries Located at DDSD Buildings
Please note: New summer hours as of June 14th
- June 18th – Gilbert Heights pantry closed
- July 5th – ALL pantries closed
- July 6th – Mill Park & Earl Boyles closed
- September 6th – Floyd Light closed; Cherry Park hours TBD
Regular Weekly Schedule
1930 SE 104th Ave
|3:45 – 5:15 pm||2:15 – 3:15 pm|
|David Douglas HS South Building 1500 SE 130th Ave||1:30 – 3:30 pm|
10822 SE Bush St
10800 SE Washington St
|12:00 – 2:00 pm|
13132 SE Ramona St.
|3:30 – 5:30 pm|
12839 SE Holgate Blvd
9:00 am – 10:00 am
12900 NE Glisan St
2:00 – 4:00 pm
1900 SE 117th Ave
|11:30 – 1:30 pm|
What is a School Food Pantry?
- A food pantry is a location where families can get FREE groceries, NOT grab and go meals
- Most of the school food pantries available in our district are NOT “pick and choose” groceries. They are prepackaged bags filled with available groceries.
- Available groceries subject to change weekly
- Families can walk or drive to any of the school food pantries available
- Due to increased need, there is a possibility that the food pantries might run out of food before the end of the food distribution time. HOWEVER, families can visit any food pantry available within our district or outside the district
- For a list of food pantries and other programs available, you can visit Oregon Food Bank
- Food pantries are coordinated through community partner agencies, Oregon Food Bank and Urban Gleaners. David Douglas only serves as a distribution location
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels delivers to children who are on free and reduced lunch. Visit the Meals on Wheels site for more details
Free food in fridges and pantries across Portland – Take what you need, leave what you don’t, give what you can
The Sunshine Divisions runs a food pantry, distributes emergency food boxes and operates a clothing room. Visit the Sunshine Division website for more details. Food boxes can be requested through their site.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Everything is normal with SNAP and benefits will continue to be available on their regular schedule. Applicants not need visit the Department of Human Services office to apply. Call or email the DHS office to access an application or apply online. View more SNAP details here.