The David Douglas School Board seeks applicants to fill a pending vacancy on the Board.
Board member Sahar Muranovic has resigned from Board Position 4, effective July 31, 2021. The School Board intends to select a replacement Board member during its Oct. 14 Board meeting.
The appointed applicant will be sworn in on Oct. 28 and complete the final two years of the Position 4 term. The selected candidate must also agree to run for election during the May 16, 2023 special district elections. Applicants must be residents of the David Douglas School District for at least one full year, and they must be a citizen and registered voter.
For those interested in applying, the School Board will provide a special Meet and Greet session during the Sept. 9 Board meeting at 7:00 pm, in the Board Room at 1500 SE 130th Ave. (High School South building). The time will be dedicated to listening and answering questions from potential applicants and the community. The Board meeting begins at 7:00pm and the Meet and Greet agenda item will begin at approximately 8:40pm.
To participate in the Meet and Greet, please contact Laurie Brunelle at 503-261-8201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Zoom link to join.
Any potential applicant who requires accommodations and/or translation/interpretation should contact the Superintendent’s Office prior to the meeting at 503-261-8201.
Applicants must submit an application form to the Superintendent’s Office, 11300 NE Halsey St., Portland, 97220, or email at email@example.com. The application form must be submitted no later than 5 pm Friday, Sept. 17.
Applicants will be asked to give a 5-minute presentation to the Board during its September 23 Board Workshop, which begins at 6 pm. Based on the application forms and the presentations, the Board will select a replacement on Oct. 14.
- Must be a resident of the David Douglas School District for at least one full year
- Must be a citizen and registered voter
- Must agree to run for election during the May 16, 2023 special district election
- Must submit an application form by 5 pm, Friday, Sept. 17
- September 9th – Board Meeting to Listen to the Community and Answer Questions
- September 17th – Applications Due
- September 23rd – Presentations to the Board
- October 14th – Board Selects Candidate
- October 28th – Candidate is Sworn In