Every Student Belongs
- All students are entitled to a high-quality educational experience, free from discrimination or harassment based on perceived race, color, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin.
- All students benefit from a safe environment, where they are free to receive their education without fear of hatred, racism, or violence.
- All staff and leaders are entitled to work in an environment that is free from discrimination or harassment, and visitors are entitled to participate in our school environment without fear for their safety.
- All Students Belong is an important step in creating safe and inclusive school climates where all students and staff feel that they belong in their schools.
To read the David Douglas board policy on Every Student Belongs click this link.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Department Mission
- To set common goals and visions for racial justice across our district
- To demonstrate our district’s commitment to achieving equitable outcomes for students of color – outcomes must not be predictable by race or ethnicity
- To ensure that every student in our district feels welcome, safe, valued, and has an honored identity in our schools
- To facilitate open communication and meaningful dialogue with families and communities of color
- To provide a mechanism for both accountability and transparent in advancing equity
Our Equity Newsletter
Our monthly newsletter, The Essential, shares news, updates, events, and resources to support, encourage, and enhance your equity journey.
Meet the Equity Department
To call a staff member:
• Dial by extension: Call 503-256-6500 and enter the 4 digit extension
• Call the District Office reception desk: Call 503-252-2900
Deputy Superintendent of
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Multilingual Programs &
GYO Pathway Advisor