Celebrate with Us!
Each year at this time, the David Douglas School District joins school districts from throughout Oregon to honor our staff members who do the heavy lifting and behind-the-scenes work to make our schools great places to teach and learn.
March 7-11 is Classified School Employees Week. While our students and teachers benefit year-round from the work of our 751 classified employees, this is our annual opportunity to say “Thank You” to:
- Our bus drivers, who safely transport our kids to and from school each day. Theirs is truly the first and last classroom our students encounter each day;
- Our cooks and kitchen staff that every day provide our students with thousands of hot and nutritious meals for breakfast and lunch;
- Our custodial and maintenance crews, who labor every day to keep our school buildings clean, attractive and well-functioning learning environments. And let’s not forget they are the ones who clean up and make it safe after our rare snow events;
- Our classroom assistants, who work directly with students and assist our teachers to optimize their instruction. Our classroom assists are true educators;
- Our secretarial and clerical staff, who manage our offices, offer a friendly face to visitors and efficiently process all the paperwork inherent in a public school district with 8,400 students and 1612 staff;
- And our campus monitors, equipment technicians, community liaisons and all the other specialists who bring their unique skills to making David Douglas an outstanding place for educators to teach and students to learn.
Meanwhile, next time you’re in a David Douglas school, take a moment to thank our classified employees for all they do for kids.
View the DDSD Classified School Employees Week Proclamation
A Message from Superintendent Richardson
Please join me in recognizing and celebrating our classified staff!
Our caring, hard-working, dedicated classified employees work in every department throughout our district and they play an essential role in supporting the education of our students both directly and indirectly each and every day.
Our Classified staff range from instructional assistants, secretaries, custodians, bus drivers, grounds workers, maintenance workers, custodial, technology support, food services, clerical support, and more.
I am so thankful to work in a District that has such an amazing group of individuals on our classified team and part of our David Douglas Family! I hope we all will connect with at least one classified employee to recognize and thank them for their service and to let them know how much they are appreciated!
Featured Image: Warehouse driver Chris Wilks making his daily delivery to District Office.