Student Chromebook Tips
- Keep food and drink away from your device to avoid accidental damage.
- Handle your device with clean hands. Use appropriate cleaning supplies.
- Always keep your Chromebook in its protective case.
- Store it in a safe location every night, preferably away from your bedroom.
- Know where your Chromebook is! Keep it in your bag or in a safe place when not in use.
- Be gentle when plugging in power or headsets to avoid damaging the plugs.
- Don’t place any stickers, tape, or draw on your chromebook or case.
- When handling your Chromebook, use two hands to avoid dropping the device.
- Never let anyone borrow your device. It’s your responsibility to keep it safe.
Digital Citizenship Tips
- Communicate responsibly with your device! Cyberbullying is strictly prohibited and may lead to criminal charges. All student emails sent over district systems.
- Never reveal or post identifying personal information to unknown people on the internet.
- Do not attempt to bypass the district filter or browse materials unacceptable in an academic setting. If you accidentally find an inappropriate website, report it immediately to your teacher or parent.
- Follow copyright laws and fair use guidelines. Only download music, videos, or other content related to your school work.
- Have a discussion with your student concerning the expectations around the use of their 1:1 device.
- All 1:1 devices have an internet filter that blocks non-educational websites. No filter can catch every website, so talk with your student around safe and responsible web browsing.
- Have your student charge their device at night in a common area instead of their bedroom.