Your Guide to David Douglas School District Benefits!
- A classified employee regularly scheduled to work 20.0 hours or more a week.
- Temporary classified employees who meet the requirements established by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- A licensed employee who has been hired on permanently or has been placed on temporary assignment.
- Admin, Supervisors, Managers and Confidential employees.
You must enroll in the district’s benefit plans within 20 days of the date when you are first eligible for benefits, but no later than the first of the month when coverage is effective.
Your elections with respect to Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Long Term Care insurance effective date will be determined based on the date you started you newly benefits eligible position:
- If you started your benefits eligible position on the 1st – 15th of the month, then your coverage will be effective the following first of the month. For example, if you become eligible for benefits on September 5th, then your insurance will be effective October 1st.
- If you started your benefits eligible position on the 16th – last day of the month, then your coverage will be effective the first of the month, following one full month. For example, if you become eligible for benefits on August 29th, then your insurance will be effective October 1st.
Note: If your benefits eligibility start date is delayed, then your benefits will be effective based on your new start date.
If you do not enroll within 30 days of the date you are first eligible, then you will automatically be enrolled in the following plans:
Medical: Moda Plan 3, employee only coverage
Vision: Coverage waived
Dental: Coverage waived
Please review all benefit plan options and costs carefully before making enrollment decisions for you and your eligible dependents. Human resources will set you up to enroll online myoebb.org . If you are having issues logging in, then please contact HR.